Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Birthday Bliss



Well I almost hate to say this but my 24th birthday here on the island was probably one of the best I have ever had. Not that I am discounting any other birthday spent back home with everyone but this was one to remember! But for some reason I am having a really hard time writing this post I have been staring at my computer for over and hour and I have deleted paragraphs and started over countless times. I think the problems its easy to write about what events happened on my birthday but infinitely harder to write how special the day was for me.

The night before my b-day I was feeling down, it was just hard to imagine not spending my birthday at home with my friends and family. If you know me you know how much I love holidays, even my own birthday (how vain is that!) and I was nervous that it wouldnt feel like a special day being so far away. But that couldn't be further from the truth! My amazing PC friends and this amazing island made this one of the best birthday ever!  I cant even begin to explain how much it meant to me that everyone here took time out of their crazy busy schedules and money out of their crazy empty pockets to come celebrate my birthday with me. Not to mention all the amazing friends back home who sent countless message, phone calls, skype message, and even a youtube video just for me! I am truly blessed to have all you guys as friends and this weekend was a huge reminder for me! Thank you all for being there for me and for making my 24th birthday a day I will never forget.

Woo, now that I have all that mushy stuff out of the way I can give you a quick rundown on what we did to celebrate: The entire day was spent at Coconut Beach here in Portsmouth, we pretty much played in the Caribbean Ocean from sun up to sun down! We brought tons of snacks and even had fun water toys to float around on, which was really nice after a great lunch and birthday cake! In the afternoon we rented some kayaks and a small little sailboat and went out to Secret Beach, more fun ensued there till we realized the sailboat was heading out to sea without any of us on it and then had a kayak chase! (We caught it in case you were wondering). We even got a bit of snorkeling in too! After a full day at the beach we all went out to dinner followed by drinks and great conversation! We ended up renting a beach cottage for the night so after dinner we all heading back to the cottage and chatted for most of the night out on the dock, then feel asleep to the sound of the waves outside and the blissful AC inside!!! The next morning, which I am still counting as my birthday, we took a swim (naturally) then all had breakfast before everyone had to head home.

It was an amazing day filled with great friends, countless stories, tons of sun and beach time and so many memories! Even though I wasnt at home and that was a little weird for me, my 24th birthday was one I will never forget and quite possibly the one of the best birthdays I have had. Thank you to everyone who made it a special day, who know who you are!

Check out the fun photos from the day and hopefully soon the video that everyone back home created for me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment