Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Antiguan Vacation!



A few weeks ago I left the island of Dominica for the first time since coming here 7 months ago and can I just say I love vacations!!!!! Peace Corps gives us vacation days and a lot of people use these days to go home for Christmas or for the summer. I however I have decided to use some of my days to travel around the EC! (Plus my sister Kristen is coming here for Christmas so I dont need the days to travel home).

Anyways a few of us PCVs decided that I trip was in order so Michelle, Alica, Brian, Austin, and I booked a 5 night stay at an all-inclusive restore in Antigua! After a short 45-minute flight we arrived in Antigua, we wasted no time getting to the resort and immediately got a drink at the bar and got in the pool! And I am happy to say this is how we spent most of our vacation that and eating!

Every morning we would wake up, head to the pool and stay there all day breaking only for lunch (which was a little grill next to the pool). There was a swim up bar so we didnt even have to get out of the water, so nice! The ocean was right next to the pool, but the water was too rough so the resort didnt want people swimming in it, fine by me! I have beaches here its the pool I was there for! Every afternoon we would head up the rooms for a nap before dinner. Dinner was at a different restaurant every night, Seafood, Italian, Indian, and a BBQ! Oh how I have missed normal food!!!! After dinner we would participate in whatever activity the resort had that night, karaoke, bonfire, dancing, steel pan group, and lots more. Then head to bed (the AC!) to start it all over the next day!

We had a blast and I have so many memories and so many stories to tell. There are just so many its hard to know which ones to write! I guess one that I found pretty funny was: When we were driving to the resort we stopped in the middle of the road, and for the life of me I couldnt figure out why then I looked up and there it was a stop light! We dont have those in Dominica! It was funny how annoyed I got sitting there waiting for the light to change, when back home (in Dominica) I wait 45 minutes for a bus to fill before we even leave!

Other fun stories include:
 - Making the boys bead bracelets with us
 - Brian mashing up his face while trying to do a handstand in the pool
 - The Wine Ninja  who kept refilling our glasses without us knowing!
 - The other crazy guests and the thing they did (topless sunbathing, and a guy even paralyzed himself from the waste down by diving into the 3 ft pool naked)
 - And many, many more!

I was so happy to have a little vacation with some great friends, and I am so blessed that I have the opportunities that I have! This is the life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment