Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day Two- What has been better than you expected?

I realty tried not to have many expectations coming into this adventure, just because I really didn’t know what I was getting myself into. But I have to say I love it here, and my I love my life here, it has turned out better then I expected. That probably sounds like I didn’t think I would be happy here to start but that isn’t true. I knew it would be an adventure and that I would love being a Peace Corps Volunteer, but I really didn’t know how much I would fall in love with Dominica and the life I have made for myself here.

I feel like I have found parts of myself that were missing. I have learned to be completely independent, how to love myself, and how to be happy even when I am alone. I have found work that I am proud to be a part of, made life long friends, learned the true meaning of family, and really made a life for myself here. I love the island and all the adventures that come along with it; I love the people, the fruits and veggies, the beach, and my little house that has become my home.

  
Dominica has truly sucked me into the island lifestyle and it has turned out better than I could ever have expected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment