Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

And So It Begins



Well, where to start I sitting in the hotel in Miami right now trying to wrap my head around the idea that I fly to St. Lucia tomorrow to start Peace Corps training. Its weird to think that this is my last night in the states for 27 months, but also really exciting too. I was really nervous when I arrived here yesterday and had a bit of a rough night, but after staging today I am more excited than nervous.

Today I meet 25 other volunteers going to the Eastern Caribbean, nine of which are going to Dominica with me. It was great to hang out and to hear everybodys thoughts on what we are about to do, and to learn that we are all feeling about the same way. I think its going to be a great group to spend the next two years with in the Caribbean.

Well its 11:30 here in Miami and I have to be up at 3:30 to get on my flight for St. Lucia, who knows when I will have internet again, but I will write when I do.

Peace out USA and see you in 2012!

Oh and the photo is the group of us who went to dinner together tonight, followed by a last minute trip to Walmart! (got to get in that last shopping trip)

No comments:

Post a Comment