Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Beach



Hello all! Well it has been a busy week, commuting to the capital everyday for training. Then coming home and hanging out with my host family and meeting new people in the community. It makes for very long full days, but good days for sure. For the rest of training we dont have to go to the capital everyday anymore, we get to stay in our villages for half the week, so that will be very nice.

This morning I got up at 5:30 to go to market with my host mom. It was an experience to say the least. I mostly followed my host mom around and just took everything in. Its a little more crazy than the grocery store back home. I think it might take some time before I learn what and where to buy, and how much things should cost, but I have lots of time to learn. After the market I went to a youth center meeting, it was a meeting of all the youth group leaders in the north. I will be working with the leader of the group during training so it was good to meet him and start to get involved.

Today is Rashawnas birthday so a few of us got together and went to the beach, which just so happens to be in my village. (Dominica doesnt have very many beaches that you can swim in). It was so fun! The water was amazing, very warm but not to warm that you couldnt get in and escape from the hot hot sun. It was a great way to spend the afternoon. The locals here use the seawater as a cure all for everything. I think it worked on my bug bits; they itch a lot less now. I feel so blessed to be living here where I can just walk over to the beach anytime I want.

So many new adventures everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment